I will have my 58th birthday this year. Which means I was born in 1958. Hence the 58 years from ’58.
With this being the Year of Me, I got to thinking as to how I was going to make the birthday memorable. I reached out to FaceCrack, and one of my peeps came with with a totally awesome idea.
A list of 58 things that I want to do in the Year of Me. Not a bucket list, and definitely not a fuck it list. A list of things that I want to do for me. I am not so sure that I am going to be able to enumerate 58 things, but I sure as hell am going to try.
This is what I have so far:
- Be able to do 58 pushups at one time by my 58th birthday. When I turned 55 I decided to lose 55 lbs. by my birthday. I did it. The last few pounds gave me a struggle, but I did it. Gained 40 of them back, but I did it.
- Put in 58 miles on the treadmill. Not a stretch, but hey, it is a laudable goal.
- Put $58 in savings every week.
- Hand write 58 letters to people I care about. Real letters, handwritten, put in envelops and mailed.
- A weekly card to my Mom thanking her for allowing this “accident” to become me.
- Attend 58 festivals/parades or the like throughout the course of the year.
- Make sure that I have 58 good cigars in my humidor.
- Take myself out to dinner on my birthday.
And that is what I have so far. I will be adding to this list as the weeks go and I figure out more things that I want to do.
Happy freaking birthday year to me, yo.